Friday 5 June 2009

Rob Ryan




















If you read Elle or Vogue, which I'm figuring is pretty likely then its also likely that you've come across art work by the artist, writer and film maker Rob Ryan and his papercuts. I absolutely adore his work, which comes in the shape of almost fairytale, child like illustrations in the style of cut out pictures. What makes them even more appealing are the word
s that often accompany them, tapping into human emotion...feelings of love, loneliness and life in general. Some of his work is so intricate in detail, its quite amazing.
























The above image is from his book 'This is For You' which explores the idea of love and finding that soulmate. If you haven't read it, I seriously recommend you get yourself a copy.

Rob Ryan, is a Royal College of Art graduate who started with prints but has lately had work comissioned by Tatty Devine, Paul Smith and Fortnum and Mason. Plus magazines such as Vogue as I mentioned.


Here are more examples of his work.. On the left is a dress he designed for Vogue with designer Gary Page.





















For more information, visit his website, blog and shop at Etsy


8 comments:

  1. I've never actually seen his work before, thanks for the introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesthing. very poetic and thougthful. nice to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's 40D? that show sounds interesting! :)


    x, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ll check upon that book!!! seems interesting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll check it as well! Thank you for introducing his work to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the info, I will look into that straight away. Beautiful gown at the bottom, by the way. :)



    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my yes I've seen them wonderful works, I've got one as my screen saver thingy.
    =)
    PeAce & BoWs...
    prettyneons x

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

 

Made by Lena